Hike. See. Explore.
Hike for Grayson
Support Cure Tay-Sachs Foundation
Meet Grayson Kemp, our three year-old suffering from the terminal illness of Infantile Tay-Sachs Disease. Getting out on hikes is harder and harder for Grayson, but we do it because hiking with his family is the one thing we’ve always known he enjoys. Grayson has never walked and must be carried to hike, the disease is taking his eyesight and we don’t know how much he can still see, and he is slipping further and further away and cannot explore all of the wonders of the world.
We want to prevent other children from suffering from this terrible disease. Please make a donation, get outside and hike, see the beauty of this earth, and explore places Grayson never will have the chance to – hike for Grayson and support the Cure Tay-Sachs Foundation!
We officially kicked off the #hikeforgrayson challenge the morning of June 24th at Stone Lake National Wildlife Refuge and we are so thankful to all of you who joined us!
You can hike for Grayson any time and anywhere!
The hike for Grayson challenge:
- Make a tax deductible donation to the Cure Tay-Sachs Foundation (CTSF) (curetay-sachs.org);
- Go on a hike and snap a photo;
- Post photo on social media (FB/Twitter/Instagram/etc.) with #hikeforgrayson (public post, please); and
- Tag @curetaysachsfoundation + challenge at least two friends to hike for Grayson!
Our goal is to collect 1000 donations for the Cure Tay-Sachs Foundation by Labor Day 2017! No donation is too small, and all are greatly appreciated.
Note: A hike doesn’t have to be lots of miles or in a forest. Walk to your neighborhood park, take a city stroll, or climb a mountain – whatever suits you!
- “We did a #hikeforgrayson and made a donation to @curetaysachsfoundation! @abcfriend & @123friend I challenge you to hike for Grayson, too!”
- “Fantastic hike in Davis today. Donated to a great cause and did a #hikeforgrayson! I challenge @abcfriend & @123friend! @curetaysachsfoundation”
- “Loved our #hikeforgrayson and donated to @curetaysachsfoundation! I challenge @abcfriend and @123friend to do the same!”
What you can tell children about Tay-Sachs: Grayson was born with something wrong with his brain, called Tay-Sachs. You cannot catch it from him, and no one else in his family has it. Having Tay-Sachs means he cannot do things like talk or walk and he has trouble with things like swallowing and seeing things clearly. He will have it for the rest of his life.
Other ways to help: Purchase Hike for Grayson t-shirts and print flyers and spread the word! Click here/see tab “Help Hike for Grayson” above.
Thank you for your support!
Felicia, Chris, Logan, & Grayson Kemp
@teamgraysonkemp on FB & Twitter, curetay-sachs.org @CureTaySachsFoundation on FB, Instagram, & Twitter, familytrailtime.wordpress.com @familytrailtime on FB, Instagram, & Twitter